Monday, March 21, 2011

Sneak Peek

This is a little sneak peek at a project that I am working on. I am making it as a gift for a gathering I am going to this weekend. So early next week I will show you more of the inside pages and the tags, but for now this is what you get, ;o)
I wanted to make a Paper Bag Album, but I have used my old style to death and wanted to try something different. So this is what I did.....
The front of the Album is actually covered chip board, I used an old pair of Katelyn's denim jeans that no longer fit her.
I stitched up the edges, leaving the threads to just sheer off , trying to get a distressed look. Then I took the waist band and sewed on the opposite ends of the album (front to back) so that it has a snap enclosure.
I took a chipboard sticker and stitched it on the denim before I adhered it to the chipboard for the front and back cover.
On the right side I added an o-ring so that I could put some of my ribbons on it, since it is so different from my usual binding where I hole punch all the way up the side an add ribbons.
Then I wanted to give it some bling, so after I adhered the denim to the chipboard cover I added some rhinestones and then a couple of the map flowers that I make for my shop (Detailed4U Collections) .

Here is a sneek at the inside pages, I will show you more later, after the reveal to the recipient . I used paper bags for the inside pages, this way I can still do my pull out tags that I like to do.


I still have some embellishing to do and some more tags. But other then that I think I have gotten a good start, considering I just found out about the gathering yesterday afternoon. I printed out the pictures last night and then after I got home from my 9 to 5 and got dinner over with , I hoarded up in my craft room.

This is the back cover, I stitched another chipboard sticker on the back. SO, there you have it. It is my first attempt at a different type Paper Bag Album, but all in all I like the effect. I like the fabric cover instead of just using scrapbook paper, I think it gave a bit more zing. I think as I do more they will look better, but for my first attempt I am satisfied.

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww! This is AMAZING Jacque! I love love love love the denim! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Junie said...

WOW this is just delightful !!! What a fantastic idea you had using demin and so effective I LOVE IT !!!!

Jocelyn said...

Jacque this is just beautiful!!! LOVE the denim!!!!

Thanks for stopping by my Blog for the PI Blog Hop!!! Hope you win some awesome prizes!!!

Wishing you a great day sweet friend!!!

Stef H said...

WOW jacque!!! holy moly! this is absolutely gorgeous! boy, you are definitely QUEEN OF CRAFTING!

hugs :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my word this looks so so gorgeous girl!! LOVE those flowers!! HUGS

Brandy@YDK said...

i absolutely and totally love it. multiply that by a million. it's so pretty.

Lea said...

Wow, this looks fantastic already! Can't wait to see it completed!

Anonymous said...

I'm reading backwards! LOL! But I love this still!!

natalee said...

Satisfied?? i was blown away.... you are sooooo talented.... i was thinking about you yesterday.. i went for a pedicure on my lunch and i brought the flip flops you sent me (from Brandis swap)to walk around work in.. everyone told me.. they were adorable... I love them!!!!!!!!!!